March 8, 2010

BPAL - Suspiro

Time for another random BPAL. Today it's Suspiro from Ars Amatoria.

The lab tells us:
A Latin word that means to sigh or draw a deep breath, that also suggests longing, desire, yearning, and a passionate wish. Ylang ylang with white plum, white orchid, jasmine, calla lily and lily of the valley.
First minutes: Guess what! This is a real floral! Of course my skin turns it sweet, but still - this is a fresh, nice floral. I can't get any Ylang ylang. The lily of the valley is faint, the jasmine behaves - the rest: Yep, definitly there!

Later on: Well ... okay. After I put this one on I thought "how could I have forgotten this scent?!" Now I think "Yeah right ... my skin". Of course this one turns so sweet that there is nothing fresh left!

And I'm always astonished about the difference in the scent on my left and right hand! My right hand is often colder than my left - that's the reason for the difference but it also means that the right hand keeps the original scent after application for a bit longer than the left one. The left one gets sweeter and sweeter, the jasmine comes out more and more and the scent is a pastel pink-lilac one while the right hand is still fresh and fruity and nice.

Final verdict: This gets too sweet and too faint on me. If it would stay in the phase like it is on my right hand, I would love it. Fresh, like spring on a sunny day in the garden. But well, the left hand shows how it really behaves and ... no. Not for me. Not totally bad, don't get me wrong but - lets say it with the words of the gorgeous Mr. Darcy from Pride and Prejudice: "She is tolerable, but not handsome enough to tempt me" (does this mean we end up together after all?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment